The school is offering parents the opportunity for your children to avail of a homework club similar to that being offered in many secondary schools at present. The idea behind the club is that children will be, (for a nominal fee), supervised after school for an hour to do their homework free from the distractions of home. The attached policy details how the club will operate. If you are interested in your child attending this session could you please contact the office.
Policy for Homework Club
- The homework club allows children the option of supervised time in school to do their homework before returning home. This will assist them by providing a quiet and suitable atmosphere in which to spend time at their homework free from the normal distractions at home.
- The homework club runs for one hour each day from 2:50 p.m. to 3:50 p.m in the school. It is be available to pupils from 1st to 6th class.
- The children are supervised doing the homework that has been prescribed by their own class teacher.
- Direction will be offered to the children to assist them in completing their homework if needed but a comprehensive evaluation will not be carried out by the supervising teacher.
- As per the school’s homework policy the final responsibility for checking the child’s homework rests with the parents/guardians. The supervising teacher will not be responsible for checking the homework of any child upon completion, this remains the responsibility of the parent.
- If the children finish their homework before the hour has elapsed, they will be encouraged to engage in work related to their school work such as reading, studying, art, early finishers sheets etc.
- Material or activities not related to school or homework are not be allowed.
- The school’s normal discipline code is to be observed at all times.
- When the hour has elapsed, the children must be met punctually at the school gate as normal or, with parental written permission, children from 4th class up can make their own way home.
- The homework club will run for the duration of the academic school year. A rate of 7 euro per hour (to be paid each day) or 20 euro per week (to be paid on Monday) will be charged.