Stretch and Grow
What is Stretch-n-Grow?
A fun based holistic health and fitness programme for children aged 2 to 7 years. Delivered weekly, in the form of a fun filled forty five minute exercise class, conducted by a fully trained and certified Stretch-n-Grow Instructor. All instructors are fully insured, Garda Vetted and follow the Children’s First Policy. The programme comprises a two year curriculum endorsed by an advisory board of fitness and child development experts. Our comprehensive training programme is rigorous and on-going. It is taught in childcare facilities and schools worldwide.
In our classes we do
Fun warm ups, fun aerobic routines, floor exercises, stretching, we work on balance and co-ordination and finish off with cool down. We play great fun games and do fun activities. We use music children will love! Healthy Eating and Safety are emphasized and discussed every week….
- To lay a foundation for a healthy lifestyle and a positive attitude toward well-being.
- To establish life-long patterns of fitness and good eating habits.
- To prepare children for participation in physical education and athletic programs.
- To empower parents and child care providers in setting a healthy example for children.
- 45-minutes of continuous fun, safe and effective exercises designed for young children
- Action-packed, non-stop fitness class where every child is the focus – no waiting in line!
- Skill-specific equipment used in every class for every child.
- Exercise emphasizing large muscle groups, motor skills, coordination, balance, resistance, flexibility and aerobic activity.
- Structured activities that help create spatial awareness, rhythm and social development.
- Physical conditioning prepares children for skilled activities necessary for competitive and team sports.
- Age-appropriate lesson hand-outs on important topics such as exercise, health, nutrition, safety and hygiene.
- We bring the programme to you! Our classes are conducted in childcare facilities such as Montessori Schools, Crèches, Playgroups, Pre-schools and in Primary Schools for Junior and Senior Infant classes. The children are in a secure and familiar atmosphere thus enabling them to approach the programme with a degree of comfort and confidence. Also, parents don’t have to do another drop and collect!
Nicola Corcoran, Stretch-n-Grow Instructor, has been conducting classes in Scoil Náisiúnta an Chroí Naofa Glounthaune since September 2008. For further information, please contact Nicola on 086 8559235.
(E: email@example.com, W: www.stretch-n-grow.ie)