The Board of Management of Scoil Náisiúnta an Chroí Naofa expects that every pupil in this school will wear the school uniform. Wearing the full school uniform is seen as a vital element in maintaining an ordered environment in which pupils can learn. Proper attention to and respect for the school uniform reinforces the school ethos and our code of conduct. This policy should be read in conjunction with our school Jewellery Policy and our School Code of Behaviour. The following policy has been drafted as a result of consultation with teachers, parents and Board of Management. This policy will take effect from 01/09/2004.
The school uniform of Scoil Náisiúnta an Chroí Naofa is as follows:
- School round neck jumper – available from McCarthy Sports, Glanmire
- White polo shirt
- Dark grey trousers for boys
- Dark grey trousers or skirt/pinafore for girls – not both
- Grey socks/tights
- 5th/6th class girls may wear black socks/tights
- Black shoes
- Junior Infant to First Class pupils should wear Velcro tie shoes
The following points are emphasised:
- Runners not to be worn with uniform
- Runners only to be worn with school tracksuit
- Black shoes should have a low heel for safety reasons
- During spells of warm weather pupils will be notified in school of the option to wear alternative shoe wear, i.e. sandals
- All clothing should be labelled with the child’s name. Iron on tags are available from Marks & Spencer during July/August
- Pupils should wear the full school uniform every day except on their allotted P.E. day when they wear the school tracksuit
- Pupils playing on school teams may wear their tracksuit to school on non-P.E. days to facilitate training. On days when they do not train, pupils should wear the full school uniform.
- The wearing of other additional garments which are not part of the school uniform as listed above is forbidden.