In December, we did an experiment on transparent, translucent and opaque materials.
What you need:
- Mini whiteboard
- Lots of different materials
What to do:
1. Turn on torch and point it at the board.
2. Put a piece of material about half way between the torch and the mini whiteboard.
3. Check if any light comes through the material.
What should happen:
- If the light can’t go through the material, it is opaque.
- If a little bit of light goes through the material, it is translucent.
- If all the light goes through the material, it is transparent.
1. Tissue paper (Translucent)
2. Bubble wrap (Transparent)
3. Cardboard (Opaque)
4. Cling film (Transparent)
5.Tim foil (Opaque)
6. Baking paper (Translucent)
By Ben Cullinane & James Harrington 🙂